Dogs are social animals that require interaction with humans and/or other dogs. Many dogs thrive on the relationships they establish with like-minded canine pals. Playcare is a great way for dogs to both socialize and burn off energy. Off-leash play groups are created with other dogs of similar size and play style. Playcare also provides lots of exercise, fresh air, and plenty of canine experiences to enrich your dogs life.
Why Playcare and not daycare?
Playcare is our version of doggie daycare, with some key differences. At Shamrock Ranch, we strive to create an environment that nurtures the individual needs of every dog.
All dogs are different. While some thrive in playtime with other dogs, others simply don’t. A common myth perpetuated by doggie daycare facilities implies that all dogs need playtime with other dogs. But that’s simply not true. Like humans, some dogs prefer quiet and solitude. Others prefer the companionship of humans. Shamrock Ranch offers many types of exercise and/or socializing to suit the needs of every dog—regardless of preference. Playcare attendees always go home relaxed and satisfied.
How are we different?
- We limit the number of dogs who participate in group play at any given time. This fosters a calmer atmosphere and prevents the overwhelm that often occurs in a typical daycare setting.
- We have a professional on-staff dog trainer who offers training sessions for dogs who require extra attention or who need to learn how to play more appropriately with others.
- We work with you to find the most suitable exercise and/or socializing options for your dog. We make it our mission to provide a truly enriching experience for your dog with every visit to Shamrock Ranch.
- Pass our behavior evaluation.
(To get started, please contact our office to set up a behavior evaluation)
- Non-aggressive towards people and other dogs.
- Fully vaccinated with Rabies, Distemper and Bordetella.
- At least 16 weeks old.
- All dogs over 7 months must be spayed/neutered.
We highly recommend that your dog be on a regular flea and tick treatment plan.
- Half Day Playcare (less than 5 hours): $24 (additional dogs $22)
- Full Day Playcare (over 5 hours): $36 (additional dogs $32)
- Behavior Evaluation (one time): $15
Hours: 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, Saturday and Sunday 10 to 4pm. You may drop off any time between 8am and 11am, pick up begins between 12:30 and 5pm. *No drop offs after 11 a.m.*
Late Pick-Up: $5 every 10 minutes